Thursday, July 28, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Observations from an Experienced Seller
Some more ideas for success in selling your handcrafts:
· Quality is very important. Create each item with much attention to quality and detail.
· Uniqueness – Are your items unique? Think about style, design, color, fabric, originality, etc.
· Current – Items should be up-to-date in style, color, pattern, etc.
· Variety – Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, as the saying goes. Whatever your expertise is, think of ways to make a variety of items at a variety of price points (see next point).
· Price – First, be sure that your items are priced fair for the market. Check similar items to see if your prices are appropriate for the customer as well as covering your costs. Also, be sure to have items in more than one price range. (At Mary Roseanne’s, the average price of an item sold fell between $8-12.)
· Display & Packaging – Thinking of creative ways to display your merchandise as well as clever packaging, if appropriate, can really help your items stand out in the crowd. (How many times have you bought the more expensive bottle of olive oil because you liked the bottle better?)
Monday, July 11, 2011
2. “Like” the Mary Roseanne's Facebook page. (If you already “like” it then you’re already entered.)
3. Repost a link to this contest page on your own blog, then leave the link to that page in the comment section of the contest page (below).